#ThatBlackCouple Episode 34: The Black Futures Episode: How to Move as a Healing Black Person in 2022
In the first segment, Jenn and Daren highlight the recent increase in Black deaths from suicide and why it is imperative that we seek healing in 2022.
In the second segment, they discuss bell hooks’s book Sisters of the Yam, talk through the troubling statistics around Black mental health, and share their “4 Steps to Moving as a Healing Black Person in 2022”.
In the third segment, Jenn and Daren reflect on their own mental health journeys and explain why it is so important that we support each other while hold each other accountable.
* #ThatBlackCouple Ep 7 – #MentalHealthMatters
* #ThatBlackCouple Ep 30 – Black Healing and Trauma During COVID-19
* Black men’s mental health matters – American Psychological Association
* Mental Health Disparities: Diverse Populations – American Psychiatric Association
* Results from the 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health – Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDovL2ZlZWRzLnNvdW5kY2xvdWQuY29tL3VzZXJzL3NvdW5kY2xvdWQ6dXNlcnM6Mjc2MDExMzcwL3NvdW5kcy5yc3M