#ThatBlackCouple Episode 31: The Looking Back Episode
In the first segment, Jenn and Daren laugh their way through their favorite drags of the first 2 seasons, focusing on what makes Kenya Barris’s shows tick and why white people should be cleaning up after Octavia Spencer for the rest of her life.
In the second segment, they discuss their favorite intellectual moments of the first 2 seasons from the “Millennials and Interracial Dating” and “Black Sleep Matters” episodes. They delve into the challenges of being the Black person in an interracial couple and how important sleep is for Black people in particular.
In the third segment, Jenn and Daren highlight their favorite episodes so far, “The Erasure of Black Women’s Work” and “Do Good Work and Don’t Be Trash”, two can’t miss episodes that explain why it’s so important to give proper credit for Black women’s labor and to walk through life with integrity.
Episodes for reference:
* Episode 26: Why We Aren’t Rooting For Everybody Black
* Episode 14: The Oscars Episode
* Episode 22: Millennials and Interracial Dating
* Episode 20: Black Sleep Matters
* Episode 5: The Erasure of Black Women’s Work
* Episode 18: Do Good Work and Don’t Be Trash
Google Podcasts: podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDovL2…gcQ9sEGegQIARAD